Destiny Schools are made up of the following. To learn more about each, simply click on the name of the school.
|Destiny Child Development Center||Destiny Center for The Performing Arts|
|Destiny After School||Destiny Summer Enrichment Program|
Realizing destiny and reaching dreams are the central focus of Destiny Child Development Center. Children do their most important learning before the age of five. That's why, in addition to lots of love, encouragement and attention, everything we seek to do at Destiny Child Development Center involves early childhood development. We’re shaping kids who are destined for greatness!
Our plan begins with age-appropriate environments that encourage children to learn, play and explore. Books and blocks. Puppets and paper. Toys and tambourines. You name it. There are sticks for counting, seeds for planting and places to explore. Your young child will find an endless assortment of activities that engage their interest and stimulate their mind in a Christian environment.
Most importantly, at the heart of every project and activity, there's a specially trained teacher and an age-appropriate curriculum to lead the way because children learn differently than adults. Children need hands-on experiences and get-on-the-floor teachers. They need warmth and attention. They need enthusiasm and encouragement. Most of all, they need the joy and challenge of doing it themselves because that's what helps children learn and grow, and that's our mission at Destiny.
We Shape the Whole Child
At Destiny Child Development Center, it’s our goal each day to provide unlimited opportunities for the development of the whole child. Our unique age-graded curriculum center around developmentally appropriate and fun activities that encourage children to grow physically, intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and socially.
In the classroom and on the fully enclosed playground, age-appropriate concepts are integrated into all aspects of play. Sometimes it's through a game. Another time it's through a song. By providing children with activities that match their developmental needs and abilities, learning occurs easily and naturally.
Our educational programs include:
- Well-trained, caring teachers
- A safe and developmentally sound environment
- Comprehensive curriculum based on age-appropriate learning activities
- Emphasis on Introductory Language and Math Skills
- Cultural Awareness and Music Education
- Starting in Foreign Language and Computers
- Spiritual Awareness and Growth
We have programs for every age level, including infants, toddlers and preschoolers. If you look closely, you'll find that every activity, every procedure - even every toy - is designed to support the development and well-being of your child. It’s easy to enroll your child and become involved as a parent. As you explore our website, be sure to review the staff's biographies, our curriculum statement and the many ways parents can get involved.
Your child is destined for DESTINY!
As an extension of Destiny Child Development Center and Destiny Christian Academy, Destiny Schools is pleased to offered extended day and after school programming for all of its students. We understand that for many busy and working parents, it’s challenging to find an enriching atmosphere for after school care.
Destiny Schools has developed a truly innovative program for After-School Care. We instill a continued love of learning for children 5 through 12 years old. We're also excited to offer homework help, supervised activities, and child-directed play to peak your child's interests in a safe, friendly and clean environment.
Our After-School Program focuses on making learning fun. We welcome the After-School Kids to an environment with plenty of opportunities to unwind and just enjoy being a kid! From our activity rooms to the spacious outdoor playgrounds, Destiny Schools meet all the requirements to captivate and satisfy the needs of the school-aged child.
At Destiny, your child can relax, knowing that they belong to a loving, supportive environment, and are encouraged to create lasting friendships and connections with their teachers and classmates.
Our “Hug First, then Teach” philosophy holds true in the After-School Program. We foster loving kindness, respect, and understanding in every facet of our approach.
Look at the Benefits We’re Planning for Next Year…
Our After-School Program has many incredible features:
- We Close Late! Destiny closes at 6:00 p.m. giving parents ample time to pick up their kids.
- The Homework Help Club is designed to relieve some of the stress homework may bring to your child, and fosters a sense of support and encouragement. Our teachers are available for necessary homework help. This promotes a healthy beginning, middle and end to another successful school year, plus adds more quality time for your family.
- The Discovery Zone hosts exciting things about earth science as well as the environmental needs of our community. From identifying rocks, to learning about the benefits of recycling, your child will see how she can learn about the earth and help make a difference for future generations.
- The Arts Zone brings artistic expression that appeal to the theatre buff in your child. Your child can perform a short play, write a puppet show or help direct a musical.
- The Open Air Zone provides trivia games, group activities, and board games for kids who love a challenge with an added twist of fun. It’s a wonderful social experience your child will never forget.
- The Construction Zone offers an array of sought-after hobbies, which have never been so much fun. Here, your child can explore cooking, baking, crafts, and various other teacher-supervised activities to expand his knowledge.
- The Media Center brings change to our world, so does technology! So, to keep your child on the leading-edge, we offer the newest and most advanced games the educational media offers.
Looking to improve on last year’s grades or want to get a jump start for the coming year? Did your child’s report card disappoint? Don’t lose a year’s learning over the summer.
Summer is the perfect time to get ahead or catch up in their studies and the Destiny Summer Enrichment Program (DSEP) for students 5-12 is designed to enable students to achieve that goal. It offers a variety of sessions that will provide the skills your child will use in years to come.
This ten (10) week enrichment program serves students who are not regularly enrolled in Destiny Child Development Center or Destiny Christian Academy. This program is designed to enhance and reinforce the learning that each child has received during the regular school year while fostering positive social skills, providing religious and recreational instruction, improving language skills and engaging children in a variety of cultural and fine arts focused activities.
Students from a variety of backgrounds participated in this dynamic program. Small classes, passionate teachers, and a lively, fun atmosphere all contributed to the success of this summer program. Preparation for our 2012 Summer Enrichment Program is underway and we look forward to a great new, extended set of courses. For more details , please click on this link.
The Destiny Center for the Performing Arts is an affiliate of the Saint Paul’s Baptist Church that offers private and class instruction in the fine arts. Established in 2002, the academy teaches students of all ages and levels throughout Central Virginia.
The purpose of the Celebration Academy of the Arts is to:
- Provide the highest level of excellence in fine arts education within a Christian environment.
- Train our students to be of service in their church and to glorify God through fine arts.
- Fill a need in fine arts education for the members of our community.
Performance opportunities are available annually through festivals, competitions and recitals. Ministry opportunities are available through outreach at local nursing homes, churches and other organizations. Art and drama showcases and/or productions will be scheduled periodically at the discretion of the instructors.
What We Offer
The academy offers fun classes like art, dance, drama, strings and more. The academy also offer private, one-on-one instruction in drums, electronic keyboard, flute, guitar (acoustic, bass, and electric), piano (Suzuki and traditional), strings (violin, viola, and cello), trumpet, and voice.
A Biblical Precedence for Fine Arts Education
"All these men were under the direction of their fathers as they made music at the house of the Lord. Their responsibilities included the playing of cymbals, lyres, and harps at the house of God…they and their families were all trained in making music before the Lord, and each of them—288 in all—were accomplished musicians. The musicians were appointed to their particular term of service by means of sacred lots, without regard to whether they were young or old, teacher or student." - 1 Chronicles 25:6-8 (NLT)